Union School District

Skip to main content
Please Create A Marquee
Employment » Employment Main Menu Pages » ---Commission on Teacher Credentialing

---Commission on Teacher Credentialing

Substitute Teacher credentialing information.

All USD Substitutes must have a valid 30-Day Emergency Sub Permit or California Teaching Credential.
Emergency teaching permits authorize the holder to serve as day-to-day substitute teachers in any classroom, including preschool, kindergarten, and grades 1-12. Permits are valid for one year. The holder may serve as a substitute for no more than 30 days for any one teacher during the school year, except in a special education classroom, where the holder may serve for no more than 20 days for any one teacher during the school year. Visit the CTC link below for more information on how to obtain a Sub Permit.